Host a Community Baby Shower
A Community Baby Shower is just that—baby gifts and supplies donated from the community and then given back to those in need in the community. Specifically during the months of March and April, but welcomed all year, we are reaching out to our neighbors and asking people to host a baby shower with their friends, family, clubs, church groups, or coworkers. You can organize the shower to fit your schedule, and bring donations to our office during business hours.
To organize your Community Baby Shower, please email Kristin Thacker or call our office at 801-399-5584.
You can also follow these links to download party invitations and a poster with a suggested donation list:
Suggested Items for Donation
Our program benefits children from newborn to age 3.
All baby shower items should be new.
- Diaper rash cream (Desitin, A&E)
- Baby lotion, baby bath (no baby powder)
- Baby washcloths and towels
- Infant sunscreen
- Baby clothes (sizes newborn - 5T)
- Baby socks and onesies
- Disposable diapers size 1-5 (sizes 2 and 5 are especially needed)
- Baby toothbrushes and children’s toothpaste
- Burp cloths, bibs, plastic baby spoons
- Board books
- Receiving blankets
- Baby bottles
- Sippy cups
- Toddler dishes
- Wet wipes
About Welcome Baby
Welcome Baby is a free community outreach program sponsored by United Way of Northern Utah. Home Visitors do monthly in-home visits with families, which include age-appropriate developmental information, activity ideas, and parenting tips. Most families develop a relationship with their home visitor and feel comfortable texting or calling them when they have a question or need advice.
Welcome Baby has been fortunate in receiving generous donations from the community. On the first visit, families receive a diaper bag filled with newborn essentials—diapers, wipes, baby outfit, blanket, digital thermometer, board books, and age-appropriate information. Volunteers take much-needed baby items such as diapers and wipes into the homes on their monthly visits. These families are so grateful for the items they receive. For many, these are items they could not afford otherwise.
Welcome Baby at a glance:
- Welcome Baby currently has 40-50 volunteer home visitors who make monthly home visits.
- We currently have over 240 families participating in the program.
- We are growing at a rate of 5–6 new families every month.
- We visit babies from birth to 36 months of age.
- We currently service all of Weber and Box Elder Counties, and are expanding into Davis and Salt Lake Counties in 2021.
Welcome Baby partners with several agencies for family referrals into our program, offering much-needed support to these families. Over 99% of donations that come through Community Baby Showers are used for our Welcome Baby families.