IF YOU WANT TO:
- make a difference in kids’ lives
- pursue a career in education, counseling, family studies, or social services
- gain leadership experience
Then the AmeriCorps Student Success Program might be the opportunity for you
AMERICORPS STUDENT SUCCESS COORDINATOR ("MEMBER")
We are looking for caring and determined individuals to offer students the support they need to be successful in school. AmeriCorps Members work with students one-on-one in partnering schools to help them improve their academics, attendance, and social/emotional well-being. You’ll receive a modest living allowance and a generous education award to go toward education-related expenses.
Examples of activities you might perform as a Student Success Member are:
- Providing tutoring in reading and other subjects
- Working with students and families to increase attendance
- Mentoring students to set goals to improve academic performance
- Assisting with recovering credits to be on track for graduation
- Working with students to promote a more positive attitude towards school and learning
- Connecting families to community resources to meet basic needs
To learn more about the AmeriCorps Student Success Coordinator requirements and position description, click HERE.
AMERICORPS COMMUNITY SCHOOL COORDINATOR
AmeriCorps Community School Coordinators (ACSC) work closely with school counselors, teachers, and administrators to help determine and meet the needs of students and families and connect them to resources within the school and community. While they may take on a small case load for 1-on-1 student support, ACSCs focus on school-wide initiatives to promote school-family connections and help bridge students' experiences during the school day and with their activities during out-of-school time (after-school programs, etc.). To learn more about the AmeriCorps Student Success Coordinator requirements and position description, click HERE.
Interested? Email cover letter and resume to Madeline McDonald at email@example.com