Your planned gift will help your community now and for years to come. Through bequests, life insurance, charitable trusts, or retirement benefits, donors of all walks of life at all income levels can make an investment in United Way’s future.
Estate gifts are invested in United Way’s board-designated endowment fund. Distributions from the endowment are used as needed to support the work of United Way. Other endowment funds can be created for a specific purpose. Contact us for more information.
When you promote the benefits of Planned Giving with your clients, everyone wins. Your clients receive information about charitable giving from a trusted resource and you satisfy your client’s needs and enhance your business. If you are a professional financial advisor looking for more information about Planned Giving opportunities at United Way of Northern Utah, please contact us.
Planned Gift Opportunities
- Bequests: Name United Way as a beneficiary in your will – A bequest provision can be included in your will when you create it, or you can amend an existing will.
- Outright Gifts: Make an outright gift of cash, appreciated stock or personal assets – This is a common technique for individuals who are looking to benefit from an immediate tax-deduction.
- Retirement Plan: Name United Way as a beneficiary of a retirement plan or IRA account – Perpetuating your gift through a retirement plan is simple, flexible and can have significant tax benefits. Contact the administrator of your retirement plan to designate United Way of Northern Utah as a beneficiary.
- Life Insurance: Name United Way of Northern Utah as a beneficiary of an existing or new life insurance policy – Consider assigning ownership of the policy to United Way of Northern Utah for immediate tax benefits, or simply designate United Way as the beneficiary to leave a lasting legacy in our community.
- Other Ways to Give: There are many other ways an estate gift may be made to United Way of Northern Utah, including Charitable Trusts and Charitable Gift Annuities. Please contact your financial advisory to determine the best planned giving plan for you.
If you choose to support United Way of Northern Utah through your estate plans, please let us know so we may properly acknowledge your generosity. If preferred, you may remain anonymous and your gift will be kept confidential, but knowledge of your gift will enable us to better plan for the future.
For more information, or to share with us that you’ve included United Way of Northern Utah in your estate plan, please contact Carol Beddome at 801-399-5584 or via the form below: