We're Grateful for our Volunteers
We don't mean to brag, but our volunteers are pretty impressive! Here's what they accomplished last year:
• number of volunteers = 1,759
• households impacted = 2,100
• value of service = $785,000
• value of tax refunds received = $1,756,000 (through volunteer tax preparation at Sparkpoint Center)
What do they do? Here are just a few ways they give their time:
• read with children in schools
• make home visits to new parents
• act as mentors for struggling students
• serve on our board
• spread the word about our organization
• distribute donated goods
• package and deliver donations
• provide service such as cleaning
That's why we honored our volunteers at our Volunteer Recognition event last week. We can't say this enough – we couldn't do it without you!
Interested in volunteering? There are plenty of opportunities for groups and individuals. Visit https://uwnu.org/get-involved/volunteer/ to learn more.
Words make the difference in a child’s brain development, starting the day they are born. Check out these tips on how to boost your child’s brain and set a foundation for a lifetime of success.
Tutoring keeps children from falling behind in school, giving them the confidence to continue to learn. Through the AmeriCorps Education Initiative of Utah, AmeriCorps members recruit volunteers to tutor at-risk children.
We have compiled a list of some of the many high-quality preschool opportunities in the Ogden area that are supported by United Way of Northern Utah. Many of these programs offer free or reduced tuition to families who qualify.
The summer slide affects school-aged children across the U.S every year. United Way of Northern Utah supports summer programs that help combat summer learning loss and keep kids active.