BE the story, SHARE the story, and CHANGE the story with us.
The Ogden Civic Action Network (OgdenCAN) is an alliance of 7 anchor institutions, many partners and friends, and 15,037 residents, all determined to create a comprehensive neighborhood revitalization in the East Central Neighborhood of Ogden. They are a community of innovators dedicated to improving health, housing and education!
Today OgdenCAN is planning a series of initiatives with a three- to five-year time horizon. These projects will zap the roots of problems while planting seeds to help the neighborhood flourish long-term. Recognizing the duplication of efforts happening around the community, Ogden Civic Action Network worked tirelessly with United Way of Northern Utah this past year to align various initiatives into a joint structure.
- Supported United Way as the backbone for our community initiative work
- Worked to engage various partners across the community in conversations around the alignment
- Provided support to reduce barriers and concerns around alignment and an increased ability to influence community change
- Helped form a local leadership council, United Partnership Council, to support the joint efforts for families throughout the community
- Brought a local voice to the regional level with participation in the Promise Partnership Regional Council and its affiliated action networks