AmeriCorps VISTA- Learn with Playgroups Community Outreach
AmeriCorps VISTA – Learn with Playgroup Community Outreach
● Hours: Full-Time
● Commitment: 12 months
● Location: Ogden, UT
● Reports to: Learn with Playgroup Program Manager
ABOUT LEARN WITH PLAYGROUP:
Learn with Playgroup empowers families to support early childhood development through play-based learning, socialization, and positive behavior modeling. The curriculum includes creating a greater understanding of healthy lifestyle choices, family safety, child development, and improved school-readiness. Playgroups aim to enhance parent-child relationships, increase parents’ confidence, build social supports, to better prepare children for Kindergarten. Parents and children of isolated and vulnerable groups who participate in playgroups experience a “soft entry” to supports offered in the community.
Expand the current one-year curriculum by building out a second year of curriculum.
1. Using the current curriculum themes add a second year of content.
2. Create new crafts along with each theme. List breakdown of supplies and cost
3. Read new books with the new lesson plans
4. Organize each lesson plan for future playgroups to use.
Recruit at-risk families to participate in playgroups.
1. Define target demographic to recruit to participate in playgroup
2. Partner with organization serving target demographic.
3. Attend community events serving target demographic
4. Maintain data on where families are recruited from
Develop a training process for new volunteers.
1. Create a training process using research (Envision UT, 30 Million Words, etc..) to educate volunteers on child development and playgroups
2. Develop an annual volunteer training review meeting
Develop and maintain a schedule for social media page.
1. Collaborate with R&D to develop a posting schedule of public-facing social media sites
2. Provide ongoing content for all social media sites
Create and identify a funding network plan to create more playgroups within the community
1. Research for and write grants on a defined schedule
2. Seek partnerships with community organizations
3. Present playgroup mission during R&D presentation in community
4. Create PowerPoint to share with potential partners
AMERICORPS VISTA BENEFITS 2021:
● Monthly Living Allowance: $1,116
● Upon completion of service: $6,346.00 Education Award to be used towards higher education tuition or school loans or cash stipend of lesser amount.
● Vacation Time
● Sick Time
● AmeriCorps VISTA Health Benefits Plan or AmeriCorps VISTA Healthcare Allowance
● Relocation reimbursement benefit, if eligible
● At least 18 years of age.
● High school diploma
● U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
● Must pass a Background Check
For more information on becoming an AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteer in Service to America) please visit - https://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorps-programs/americorps-vista
Send Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com to apply.