AmeriCorps VISTA Marketing Coordinator
United Way of Northern Utah Mission: We Unite people and organizations to build a healthy, stable, and well-educated community where individuals, families, and neighborhoods thrive.
Title: VISTA Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Summary of Work: The AmeriCorps VISTA Marketing Coordinator will work with the Marketing Manager to produce relevant content for United Way of Northern Utah’s website, public relations, and social media platforms. They will create content that is specifically crafted to capture the attention of a particular target audience.
- Writing, editing, publishing, and promoting content on a daily basis
- Assist in creating stories and collateral for all departments
- Assist in managing United Way brand including logo usage and other trademarked materials across the organization (ensure consistent, appropriate usage).
- Assist in managing quality control of all marketing and collateral materials
- Conduct monthly photoshoots per the Marketing Manager’s direction
- Formulation of strategies to build and maintain a story bank
- Assist Marketing Manager in monthly stories for magazines and media pitches
- Help track overall marketing efforts
- Manages time and other resources in a skilled manner.
- Able to work independently, be able to adapt to a changing environment, and balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrates professionalism and appropriate boundaries in all interactions.
- Functions with creativity, independence, and initiative.
- Work collaboratively with marketing, community impact, and resource development staff to ensure compelling mission-aligned programming
- Work with Marketing Director and Specialist to develop, define, and implement a system for collaboration among the audiences
- Perform other work as assigned.
- Experience in writing for mass audiences
- Experience with social media post composition
- Experience with social media strategy
- Experience with photography
- Experience with Adobe, Canva, or other graphic design software
- Experience in listening carefully to details to create a story
- Pass a background check
- Familiarity with Adobe or Canva
- Experience with Photography
- Experience with video editing
- Experience with Hootsuite or other social media posting platforms
- Experience in Journalism or any other of the Communication sciences
ABOUT AMERICORPS VISTA PROGRAM
AmeriCorps is a national network of programs that address critical community needs in our nation. Through AmeriCorps VISTA, you can make a tangible difference. AmeriCorps VISTA is a national program where community members have the opportunity to serve in local nonprofits helping to eliminate poverty. Members serving in the AmeriCorps VISTA program serve full-time for one-year terms. In return for service, members receive a living allowance, a healthcare allowance, and other benefits.
AmeriCorps VISTA Benefits:
- Monthly Living Allowance: $1,027.88
- Upon completion of service: $6345 Education Award to be used towards higher education tuition or school loans OR $1800 Cash Stipend
- At least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma
For more information on becoming an AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteer in Service to America) please visit - https://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorps-programs/americorps-vista
How to Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to Amandi Heperi firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: January 11, 2021
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift, carry, push and/or pull objects weighing 20 lbs. Ability to work in front of a computer for hours.
NOTE: The statements in this position description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the person employed. Also, the statements do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
About United Way of Northern Utah: United Way of Northern Utah is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, which serves Weber, Box Elder, and Morgan counties. Its mission is to unite people and organizations to build a healthy, stable, and well-educated community where individuals, families, and neighborhoods thrive. Website: http://www.uwnu.org