Corporate Engagement Director
Title: Corporate Engagement Director (CED)
Reports To: Director of Resource Development (DRD)
Goal: More than a fundraiser, United Way of Northern Utah (United Way) creates opportunities for people in our community to work together to improve the health, education, and financial stability of every person. We move quickly to meet changing needs in our community and need strong team members to assist with mission advancement. We are seeking a Corporate Engagement Director (CED), this role will give you the unique opportunity to secure philanthropic support to advance United Way’s mission. You will be responsible for developing and cultivating relationships with corporations and individuals for philanthropic support of our mission. In this role, you will oversee and solicit corporate investments in UWNU through year-round management of a corporate account portfolio.
- Manage the identification, cultivation, acquisition and stewardship of a portfolio of new and existing corporate partners.
- Establish new corporate relationships and start workplace campaigns.
- Seek out new and innovative ways to develop revenue streams with both existing and new corporate partnerships, including corporate gifts and sponsorships.
- Articulate the mission and vision of UWNU to diverse corporate and community audiences through group presentations and individual conversations.
- Build meaningful relationships with corporate partners, individual donors, volunteers, and advocates; cultivate the desire to deepen their engagement, and influence employee donors through corporate relationships.
- Oversee management of corporate donor data recorded in Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) software efficiently and accurately. Work with Donor Data & Research Specialist (DDRS) to update donor names and contact information, input substantial donor communications as well as produce notes on donor and prospect research.
- Provide corporate partners with training and support to engage their employees year-round through successful giving campaigns, networking, calls to action, and volunteer opportunities.
- Identify trends and opportunities to maximize and secure revenue, increase donor loyalty, and meet community impact objectives.
- Set ambitious, measurable goals related to relationship management and revenue forecast.
- Respond to corporate partners' questions and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Collect data on campaigns, evaluate results, and proactively propose creative recommendations.
- Organize and execute special projects that support the greater corporate engagement team.
- Understands and influences how digital technology and tools impact fundraising.
- Other duties as assigned.
- United Way Worldwide mission, core values, and professional competencies
- UWNU’s mission, vision, values, purpose, objectives and roles
- The communities where UWNU works (including assets, challenges, and people. organizations, existing programs and services, etc.)
- The role played by the various departments in United Way
- Non-profit fundraising and donor moves management process
- Public, private, and non-profit systems
- How individuals, organizations, and communities change
- Group process, dynamics, and operations
- 5-7 years of nonprofit fundraising and/or sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience (5-7 years of fundraising/sales)
- Proven sales and negotiation skills
- Self-starter - requiring little to no supervision
- Ability to manage and support professional staff
- Ability to communicate effectively through interpersonal and written communication, active listening, and presenting to varying audience
- Experience managing and synthesizing information to plan, prioritize, and implement work
- Ability to facilitate effective meetings
- Ability to establish, maintain, and develop strong working relationships
- Strong personal integrity, as well as professional demeanor and appearance
- Ability to frequently travel in Northern Utah and accommodate flexible scheduling
- Ability to consistently record detailed notes in CRM software such as Sales Force, Andar, Asana/Trello, etc.
- Proficient at Google Docs/Drive, Microsoft Office Suite, Asana/Trello
- Master’s Degree
- Experience managing affinity/donor circle groups
- Experience writing grants
- Experience managing or organizing volunteers
- Experience planning major events
Wage: $45,00-55,000 based on experience and qualifications
Location: Ogden, Utah
Hours: Full-time, exempt
Benefits: A comprehensive benefits plan includes vacation, sick, holidays, health, dental, vision, and life and an organization-matched 403(b) plan of up to 10% after one year.
How to apply: Send a cover letter and resume to Melissa Kloz, email@example.com
Closing Date: February 6, 2023