Digital Marketing Coordinator
United Way of Northern Utah Mission: Uniting people and organizations to build healthy and well-educated communities where individuals, families and neighborhoods thrive.
Title: Digital Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Summary: The Digital Marketing Coordinator is responsible for managing and enhancing the digital channels and platforms (social media, websites, video promotion, e-communications) for United Way of Northern Utah. This position requires expertise in developing and coordinating digital marketing and communications initiatives and campaigns, ensuring engaging and current content, strategic alignment, and brand compliance.
- Formulation of strategies to build a lasting digital connection with target audiences ensuring that the digital strategies align with the overall communications and marketing strategy and may work with contracted consultants on content where outside expertise is needed.
- Support a continued SEO campaign, to include a strategy for United Way of Northern Utah’s site, United Way’s presence on partner sites and social sites, content sharing, content tagging, and other tactics.
- Works alongside internal and external content creators to produce and distribute high-quality content through digital channels to build deeper relationships and generate new relationships including United Way of Northern Utah’s BLOG and stories.
- Measure performance of digital marketing efforts using a variety of Web analytics tools
- Keep up to date with digital technology trends
- Handle day to day engagement across all social media platforms
- Support and grow social media accounts with intentional and effective messaging.
- Administer the website and coordinate website content (creation, schedule, and updates)
- Create and edit videos, photos and graphics for use on digital channels
- Design a newsletter strategy to engage target audiences and will write and distribute newsletters regularly (at least monthly).
- Engage staff in sharing ideas for social media and train staff on effective social media usage.
Marketing Materials and Strategies
- Assist Director of Resource Development and Marketing Manager to develop the organization’s annual marketing and communications plan. This strategy will involve different channels of engagement including the website, newsletter, social media, and direct mail.
- Assist in creating marketing materials and collateral for all departments working with a graphic design vendor as needed.
- Assist in managing United Way brand including logo usage and other trademarked materials across the organization (ensure consistent, appropriate usage).
- Assist in managing quality control of all marketing and collateral materials, such as video production, annual report, pledge cards, brochures, etc.
- Writing, editing, publishing, and promoting content as needed.
Donor/Targeted Audience Relations
- Cultivate targeted online communications to promote brand continuity and engagement with target audience segments.
- Create branded online content to build deeper relationships and generate new relationships.
- Closely assist Corporate Engagement Director and Marketing Manager with creating the digital workplace campaign toolkit.
- Plan, write and contribute directly creative ideas for content marketing to drive a more community-centered content strategy to build deeper relationships and generate new relationships.
- Create, coordinate, optimize and report on digital advertising campaigns for the organization.
- Assist Events & Donor Engagement Manager (EDEM) with event coordination with volunteers, staff, and vendors in planning and executing events within budget (Bravo Night, Day of Caring, etc.)
- Assist in fulfilling sponsorship benefits.
- Assist EDEM with event setup and breakdown as needed.
- Perform duties in accordance with United Way policies and procedures such as attending staff meetings and conferences, completing accurate and timely timesheets and expense reports.
- Ability to manage horizontal priorities in a fast-paced environment, lead project planning, organization, monitoring, and implementation, and motivate departmental teams toward project objectives.
- Submit marketing department budget reports as appropriate.
- Manages time and other resources in a skilled manner.
- High standards of professional ethics and conduct.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Able to work independently, be able to adapt to a changing environment, and balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrates professionalism and appropriate boundaries in all interactions.
- Functions with creativity, independence and initiative.
- Requires an extensive period of time at a computer.
- Moderate level of physical activity during campaign season and key events.
- Perform other work as assigned.
- Has earned a bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications, or a related field.
- One to three years experience in marketing, communication, or public relations working with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated excellent written/verbal communication skills, including clear, concise, and accurate written content, grammar, spelling using game-changing platforms and methods for distributing and amplifying United Way’s message.
- Has the ability to manage multiple projects at once with varying timelines.
- Has strong collaboration and partnership skills, the ability to effectively influence stakeholders and gain consensus at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated customer service, problem-solving, time management, research, information management, and other core organization skills.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule and adjust it as required by changing activities.
- Ability to travel to work in a variety of locations throughout the Northern Utah service area.
- Proficient in Adobe Suite’s InDesign, Illustrator, Firespring web platform, Constant Contact, Microsoft Office Suite, Asana, or like applications.
- Strong public speaker, comfortable speaking in front of large audiences.
- Two years experience working in a community-related field.
- Familiarity and history of service within the landscape of education, community development, and social services networks in Northern Utah.
- Bicultural/bilingual English/Spanish.
Location: Ogden, UT
This position offers the possibility of a hybrid remote environment. This includes the expectation of onsite work based on the team and organizational needs.
Hours: This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a competitive benefits package, including health, dental, and vision insurance, paid holidays, and 403b match after one year of employment. Regular work hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Work hours are subject to change based on events and activities happening within the United Way.
Wage: $18.00-$24.00/hour (based on experience and qualifications)
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to Melissa Kloz at email@example.com.
Closing Date: January 24, 2022, at 5:00 pm
Physical Requirements: The employee is regularly required to communicate clearly, and exchange accurate information interpersonally or through communication devices. Must be able to learn new systems and procedures, prepare and analyze data and figures; constantly operate a computer and other standard office machinery. The position requires occasional movement throughout the office to access files, papers, or move supplies weighing up to 25lbs. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
NOTE: The statements in this position description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the person employed. Also, the statements do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
About United Way of Northern Utah: United Way of Northern Utah is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, which serves Weber, Box Elder, Oneida and Morgan counties. Its mission is to Unite people and organizations to build a healthy, stable, and well-educated community where individuals, families, and neighborhoods thrive. Website: http://www.uwnu.org