United Way of Northern Utah Mission: Uniting people and organizations to build healthy and well-educated communities where individuals, families and neighborhoods thrive.
Title: Office Specialist
Reports to: Human Resources & Administration Manager (HRAM)
Summary: The Office Specialist is responsible for greeting all visitors, answering phone calls, assisting with immediate building tenant needs, scheduling meeting spaces, and preparing for meetings. Assist with administrative support to departments, general IT requests and other projects as needed.
- Answer phone calls and greet people visiting the United Way office
- Schedule usage of office meeting spaces
- HR support (posting jobs, scheduling interviews, etc.)
- IT ticket intake
- IT troubleshooting and resolution of routine tickets, escalating to HR & Administration Manager where necessary
- External hardware set-up (monitors, docking stations, printers)
- Software requests (obtain approval, download, tracking on IT tracking sheet)
- Assist in reconciling monthly credit card statements in accounting software
- Grant Management support
- Building Maintenance: coordination with maintenance contractors
- Assist HRAM with Board support and communications
- Assist HRAM and People & Culture Committee (PACC) with all-staff meetings and events
- Assist HRAM with internal and external staff and stakeholder recognitions such as birthdays, anniversaries, births, deaths, retirements, etc.
- Perform duties in accordance with United Way policies and procedures such as attending staff meetings and conferences, completing accurate and timely timesheets.
- Assist Spanish speaking callers and guests
- Assist in Spanish translation of materials and social media posts
- Manages time and other resources in a skilled manner
- High standards of professional ethics and conduct
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Ability to manage priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently and able to adapt to a changing environment
- Demonstrates professionalism and appropriate boundaries in all interactions.
- Perform other work as assigned
- Demonstrated excellent written/verbal communication skills, including clear, concise, and accurate written content, grammar and spelling
- Dependable and on time
- Ability to discern when a request needs to be elevated to another staff member
- Polite and professional phone manner
- Has the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Not afraid to ask questions when unsure of an answer
- Demonstrated customer service
- High school diploma or GED
- Bicultural/bilingual English/Spanish
- Experience in an office environment
- Experience with general IT troubleshooting
- AA degree or higher
- Experience with nonprofits or volunteering
Location: Ogden, UT
Hours: This is a part-time, hourly position. Regular work hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 1:00 pm. Work hours are subject to change based on events and activities happening within United Way.
Compensation: $15-18/hour (based on experience and qualifications). 403b match of up to 10% after one year of employment, paid holiday, sick, and vacation time.
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to Melissa Kloz, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Open until filled
Physical Requirements: The employee is regularly required to communicate clearly, and exchange accurate information interpersonally or through communication devices. Must be able to learn new systems and procedures, and operate standard office machinery. The position requires occasional movement throughout the office to access files, papers, or move supplies weighing up to 15lbs. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
NOTE: The statements in this position description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the person employed. Also, the statements do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
About United Way of Northern Utah: United Way of Northern Utah is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, which serves Weber, Box Elder, and Morgan counties. Its mission is to unite people and organizations to build a healthy, stable, and well-educated community where individuals, families, and neighborhoods thrive. Website: http://www.uwnu.org