Resource Development & Events Manager
United Way of Northern Utah Mission: Uniting people and organizations to build healthy and well-educated communities where individuals, families and neighborhoods thrive.
Title: Resource Development & Events Manager (RDEM)
Reports to: Corporate Engagement Director
Goal: More than a fundraiser, United Way of Northern Utah (United Way) creates opportunities for people in our community to work together to improve the health, education, and financial stability of every person. We move quickly to meet changing needs in our community and need strong team members to assist with mission advancement. We are seeking a Resource Development & Events Manager (RDEM), and in this role you will have the unique opportunity to secure philanthropic support to advance United Way’s mission. You will be responsible for developing and cultivating relationships with public and private organizations, foundations, and individuals for philanthropic support of our mission. In cooperation with the development team, you will design and implement donor engagement strategies and help communicate the positive impact of United Way to donor groups as well as the broader community.
You will leverage existing relationships to secure additional gifts and expand corporate support, as well as manage our year-round community drives, volunteer initiatives, and community awareness and advocacy events
1. Donor Relations:
- Work collaboratively with the Resource Development Team to develop, test and refine a communication strategy that will recognize, steward and further cultivate donors and volunteers, increasing their engagement with the organization.
2. Corporate Engagement :
- Directly manage a portfolio of corporate accounts.
- Identify, cultivate, and engage corporate prospects and donors.
- Manage the “Year of Action” Calendar which includes community drives, volunteer initiatives, and community awareness and advocacy events as a strategy to deepen corporate relationships in the community.
- Connect with United Way community partners and internal programs to design and match strategic volunteer projects for UWNU’s corporate partners
- Work collaboratively with program staff to design and match strategic volunteer projects for United Way’s donors, affinity groups and community stakeholders.
- Assist in resource development and fundraising efforts by supporting corporate sponsorship and grant proposal development and making presentations.
3. Event Management: :
- Create and implement systems, including registration and stewardship, for engaging corporate partners, donors, and community stakeholders in events/experiences.
- Oversee and coordinate all marketing and promotion for “Year of Action” events, working with the marketing manager and outside contractors to implement impactful donor centric strategies.
- Recruit and utilize volunteers to successfully host “Year of Action” events
- Event planning and oversight for “Year of Action” drives and events
- Report key metrics following all “Year of Action” drives and events
- Process and manage in-kind donations received during community drives
- Secure sponsorships to fund “Year of Action” Events
- Coordinate curated and custom volunteer projects and tour requests for United Way corporate partners.
4. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to the mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Action-Oriented - Look to find new solutions to old problems, take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (or equiv. experience).
- Strong relationship-building skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to handle stressful situations, negotiate and resolve conflicts, maintain confidentiality and to respect and observe organizational protocol.
- Ability to perform job with integrity and consistent with the mission, vision, and values of United Way.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule, adjust as required by changing activities and events, and travel to work in a variety of locations throughout Northern Utah.
- Must possess a valid drivers license, current auto insurance, daily access to reliable vehicle.
- Detail oriented, organized, high achieving, accountable.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising campaigns, sales, and/or project management.
Wage: $18-$22 based on experience and qualifications. Full-time, non-exempt
Location: Ogden, Utah (work throughout N. Utah)
Hours: Full-time with a competitive benefits package ((health, dental, vision and 403B match of up to 10% after one year of employment)
How to Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to Melissa Kloz email@example.com.
Closing Date: Open until filled