Welcome Baby Intern
Title: Welcome Baby Intern
Reports to: Welcome Baby Program Director
Start date: August 1, 2021
Location: Ogden, Utah (work throughout Northern Utah)
How to Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. For questions or more information, please call Hannah at 801-399-5584.
United Way of Northern Utah (UWNU) seeks a knowledgeable, energetic and dynamic self-starter for the Welcome Baby program. Welcome Baby is a free community service designed to promote a healthy, secure, and enjoyable beginning for parents, new babies, and their family members. Welcome Baby is run by United Way of Northern Utah and is available to all families living in Weber, Summit, Salt Lake, Davis and Box Elder Counties who have a child under the age of three.
Welcome Baby is a self-appointed parent education program. Home visitors are volunteers who visit moms monthly with age-specific developmental information for their baby, parental engagement activities to enhance on stage development, and parenting tips. Positive parenting skills are discussed as well. Along with the developmental information, home visitors discuss good health habits, school-readiness activities, and family economic self-sufficiency. Families are also connected with resources in the community as needs arise.
The position of Intern will focus on home visitation, kindergarten readiness curriculum, increased volunteer relations, and accelerated impact within our area of early childhood work.
Promoting Early Childhood Development
The path to success starts before birth. UWNU helps ensure; all children have a strong academic foundation and are ready for kindergarten and first grade; all parents are engaged in their child's education and development; all children have a safe and healthy environment at home, childcare, and school; and all children have optimum health (physical, mental and dental). The Welcome Baby Intern will:
▪ Promote the Welcome Baby program in community settings to educate families through volunteer-based home visitation so every child is ready to learn.
▪ Maintain up-to-date resources for kindergarten readiness through research and development.
▪ Help with volunteer recruiting.
▪ Provide home visits for families currently on the Welcome Baby waiting list (in Weber and Box Elder).
▪ Work as part of a team to ensure the success of the Welcome Baby Program.
▪ Demonstrated high standards of professional ethics and conduct.
▪ Strong public speaker; excellent written communication skills; strong skills in Microsoft Office.
▪ Able to travel regularly throughout Northern Utah.
▪ Bilingual English and Spanish preferred