Become an AmeriCorps Student Success Coordinator
Do you want to:
- make a difference in kids’ lives?
- pursue a career in education, counseling, family studies, or social services?
- gain leadership experience?
Then the AmeriCorps Student Success Program might be the opportunity for you!
We are looking for caring and determined individuals to offer students the support they need to be successful in school. AmeriCorps Members work with students one-on-one in partnering schools to help them improve their academics, attendance, and social/emotional well-being.
Member activities vary from school to school. Some examples of activities that you may perform are:
- Providing tutoring in reading and other subjects
- Working with students and families to increase attendance
- Mentoring students to set goals to improve academic performance
- Assisting with recovering credits to be on track for graduation
- Working with students to promote a more positive attitude towards school and learning
- Connecting families to community resources to meet basic needs
You’ll receive a modest living allowance and a generous education award to go toward education-related expenses.
Want to learn more?
To learn more about the AmeriCorps Student Success Coordinator requirements and position description, click HERE.