Welcome Baby: About Us
Welcome Baby is a free home visitation program that promotes healthy, happy, and supportive new beginnings for parents, babies, and their family members.
The program is available to any family in Weber, Box Elder, Morgan, Davis, and Salt Lake counties with a baby aged zero to three years old. Don’t live in one of these service areas? Don’t let that stop you from getting involved in our work, whether that be as a volunteer or to enroll as a participant in the program.
Our program is working to expand statewide and we want everyone who needs our services to have access to them! Please reach out to us and we will work to bring our program to you.
How Welcome Baby Helps Families
Here's what our Welcome Baby families receive:
- Free monthly home visits
- Age-specific development information and parenting tips
- Free monthly children’s book—build your child’s library
- Opportunity to celebrate your baby’s milestones
- New games and parent engagement activities
- Learning kits and other ideas to ensure your child is on track for school readiness
Welcome Baby Learning Kits
The Welcome Baby Learning Kits gives all families enrolled in our program the resources to practice the skills or activities taught by our volunteer Home Visitors. Kits are:
- research based
- age appropriate
- created in partnership with Weber State University experts
- correlated with developmental milestones
- helpful for parents to monitor their child’s progress
- assembled by United Way volunteers
- made up of 90% donated materials
- kept by parents and used at any time
- a fun way for parents and children to connect
- available at the following ages: newborn, 4, 8, 13, and 17 months and then monthly until the child reaches 36 months
I am or would like to become:
Meet the Welcome Baby Team!
Assistant Program Director
Welcome Baby Intern
Welcome Baby Intern
Become a Welcome Baby Partner!
We want to partner with you! As we expand our program, we are integrating into hospitals and medical clinics/homes to further our reach and the support of our communities. If you or someone you know works at a medical site and would like more information on how we can expand our home visitation services into your practice, please contact us now.