United Way of Northern Utah’s program, Welcome Baby, is a free community service designed to promote a healthy, secure and enjoyable beginning for parents, new babies, and their family members. Welcome Baby is available to all families living in Weber County with a child under the age of three.
Welcome Baby is a self-appointed parent education program. Home visitors meet with parents monthly to discuss age-specific developmental information for their baby, parental engagement activities that focus on stage development, and positive parenting skills. Other topics include good health habits, school readiness activities, and family economic self-sufficiency. Visits can start right before birth and continue through age three. Families are also connected with resources in the community as needs arise.
Welcome Baby has been fortunate to receive ongoing community donations. On the first visit, moms receive a small selection of new baby essentials. Home visitors are able to take much-needed baby items such as diapers, wipes and children’s books into the homes on monthly visits.
- Free monthly home visits
- Age-specific development information and parenting tips
- Free monthly children’s book—build your child’s library
- Celebrate your baby’s milestones
- Learn new games and parent engagement activities
- Receive learning kits and other ideas to ensure your child is on track for school readiness