Children's brains are 90% developed by the age of five.
- Early childhood is a vital time for children to learn and prepare for school. Many Northern Utah children start kindergarten without the foundational skills that prepare them for learning, and many parents lack the support they need to help their children learn.
- As children grow, they need additional support through the school years to reach goals and achieve academic success. School-age children who struggle to meet benchmarks can thrive when they receive a little extra help and when their families can meet their needs.
That's why, at UWNU, we work to help children succeed. We've seen how well children can do when they have someone who believes in them and helps them gain the skills they need. United Way of Northern Utah's services, funding, and networks help children and youth prepare for a lifetime of learning.
Our community partners work with children in our community to engage with them. We are proud to help fund these organizations that provide a foundation for learning that can last a lifetime.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah
- Box Elder School District Foundation
- Boys and Girls Club of Weber-Davis
- Brigham City Fine Arts Council
- Ogden Nature Center
- Ogden School Foundation
- Treehouse Children's Museum
- Youth Impact
Our networks help us work together with our partners to achieve a community-wide impact. We facilitate or participate in several networks that work to solve educational gaps in Northern Utah. These include:
- Prenatal to 3 Development
- Kindergarten Readiness
- 9th Grade to Postsecondary
- Elementary Literacy